Monday, August 2, 2010

Pantyhose

This summer I won't be wearing pantyhose, but during the winter , I definitely will be wearing the all in one underpant and stocking garment. While pantyhose was invented in 1959, I don't remember wearing them until I was a junior or senior in high school. Actually, my memory is much clearer when it comes to garter belts and single nylons......you know, the kind that had to be held up! I know I must have started wearing pantyhose in the later part of the 1960's!! This is huge in my mind because when I was in Junior High School in Duncan, Oklahoma, we had to wear dresses to school every day. Finally, sometime during my high school years, the school board allowed us to wear nice slacks. I never wore jeans to school until college!!

Anyway....I digress! The fact for today is .......about pantyhose! Invented in 1959 by Allen Grant, they were manufactured by the Glen Raven Mills of North Carolina. With the advent of the mini-skirt in 1965, the company began producing a seamless version of the nylons!

No comments:

Post a Comment